We’ve helped plan, research, and implement projects that enabled leaders to grow revenues, transform delivery of services, and successfully adapt to a wide range of new business challenges.
Since 1999, KJ Smith Associates has helped our clients prepare for and embrace change.
Much of our experience has been in healthcare, economic development initiatives, and working with nonprofit organizations in business planning to develop new streams of earned income.
The common themes of our work are detailed discovery of facts that lead to insights, creative development of plans, strategic thinking, and productive collaborations with our clients.
We’ve given CEOs, boards, and managers the added confidence and resources to take on meaningful change.
Proved to be an excellent partner
Kathy helped a diverse group of board members navigate towards consensus on the key elements of RAIN Eugene’s programs and outreach activities. She did this skillfully and in a time-efficient manner.
We supported a fledgling network of healthcare organizations to: complete a needs assessment, develop a strategic plan, and strengthen the network’s ability to collaborate in new and innovative ways to improve access to health care services in their remote service area.
- Public participation forums.
- Qualitative research and summary reports.
- Gap analysis.
- Needs assessment and prioritization.
- Steering committee facilitation.
- Strategic plan production.
- Grant proposal writing.
We transformed a cost center into a 100%-enterprise operation within a school district by: developing a strategic business plan that established the framework for solid financial performance while simultaneously transforming its role to respond to massive changes driven by federal educational reform and rapid, continuous impacts from digital technologies.
- Business plan development.
- Feasibility analysis.
- Market assessment.
- Operational planning.
- Focus group facilitation.
- Key informant interviews.
- Survey design.
- Trends and benchmark research.
We worked closely with a CEO and board of director leaders to design and implement a strategic decision making process to understand the implications of rapidly emerging structural changes in their industry, explore strategic alternatives the organization could choose and decide whether to pursue a strategic alliance with a larger organization.
- Design of structured decision process.
- Overall project management.
- Environmental scan.
- Internal assessment.
- Facilitate board of directors and subcommittee discernment and decision sessions.
- Establishment of evaluation criteria.
- Prospective partner research.
- Facilitation of management team engagement and contributions.